Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Fringe Quilt Top Is Finished

The exciting thing about this quilt, is all of the "negative space" that needs to be quilted!  I haven't really had much experience with negative space quilting, and it's a bit intimidating.

 My longarm is in the way, so you can't see the whole thing.

I've made a lot of samples for my Home Machine Quilting Club.  Maybe I'll just make something different in each big, grey square. 

Or do I want to make the quilting revolve around dandelions and birds?

The light grey sashings are 3/4" wide.  I think I'll just quilt 2 straight lines through each sashing.  Maybe do a strand of pearls in each small, dark grey, border rectangle.

Where the focus fabrics (dandelions and birds) are, I'll probably just cross-hatch.  In the other big print squares, I'd like to make medallions.

Please post any ideas you may have, below.

No comments: