I'LL ADD UPDATES TO THIS POST EVERY MONTH SO YOU CAN SEE THE PROGRESS.
You can click on the pictures to see a bigger image.
Here's the start for my Row Robin. This row's finished size will be 6" X 18." The other ladies will add rows that will be 18" across, but they can be any width, up to 6." I'm excited to participate!!!
The Row I received to work on at the October meeting is Donna's. She started her quilt with the Ohio Stars. I added the wave of circles.
This is Judy's Row Robin, that I got in the November meeting. I added the basket with vines and flowers.
This Row Robin is Lyn's. She is an expert embroiderer! She put beads and embroidery floss in her kit for us to use. I shrunk 3 of my Row By Row Experience, English paper pieced, snowflakes, and added the appliqued snowmen, and sewed beads on the snowflakes.
This was a fun row quilt to work on. I did the butterflies at the bottom. The background was too stark, so I added some white embroidered flowers.
This row belongs to Anne. Her theme is water and singing the blues. In her introduction, she talked about enjoying Bear Lake and the surrounding mountains, so I made the bottom row, which is Bear Lake with the mountains.
We are also doing a monthly block challenge, which we can do "small or smaller." In September, we were given the Spinning L's block. I choose "smaller," and made my blocks 2" and the finished quilt is 11 3/4" square and has 24 blocks.
Our October challenge was 9-patches. I've always wanted to do a 9-patch with Snowball blocks, so that's what I did. The finished blocks are 1 1/2". There are 12 9-patch blocks and 13 Snowball blocks, and the finished quilt is 11 1/2" square. This quilt has a couple firsts for me. #1, I did feathers in the border! #2, I did a single fold binding.
The November challenge was half-square-triangles. I have always wanted to make a feathered star, so here was my opportunity! I drafted my own pattern. A feathered star was harder than I thought it would be, but a fabulous challenge! The 1/2" triangles are paper-pieced. But the rest is pieced by machine. There wasn't enough fabric to make the whole binding with the dark blue. But it really needed some dark around the outside, so I pieced the binding. It is 16" square, and has 216 pieces.
December's challenge was Churndash blocks, but I was still working on my feathered star, so didn't get that one done.
January's challenge was a Carpenter's Wheel. I'm trying to follow a seasonal theme. Since next month is February, I wanted to make it for Valentine's Day. I really like how this turned out! This one may become a pattern someday. It measures 10 1/2" X 15."