A long time ago, I made some pot holders with denim and flannel. I used 3 layers of denim and 3 layers of flannel, sewed them together with diagonal rows of stitching. Then cut between each row with my scissors, to make it chenille. I loved how it turned out, but it was really hard on my hands.
So, I've had my eye on one of those chenille cutters,
and finally bought one.
Here's the new set of pot holders that I did with the new chenille cutter.
I also thought it would make a great rug! I used yardage that I already had. There's a blue denim on the bottom, with a yellow denim and a pink denim. Then I had some dark blue flannel that went between each denim piece.
Here's the rug, and the close-up.
I love the feel, texture and weight of the rug. But it turned out kinda wonky. I'll have to figure out how to make it more squared. Maybe I could do a couple sets of back-stitches at the beginning and end of each row, so I can square-up when it's finished, without the stitching coming undone.